Stone Floor Cleaning Tips
Between deep cleanings, keep your natural stone floors looking their best by following these simple tips.
- Dilute one tablespoon of neutral pH soap in two gallons of warm water and damp mop the surface from side to side. Avoid reapplying dirt by keeping the solution clean (change every 250 sq. ft.). Do not re-mop surfaces with clean water, as you will remove the protectorant.
- If light water spots are noticeable, buff with a soft, dry cloth.
- Periodically, for more soiled honed stones and light colored grout, dilute one cup of bleach with two gallons of warm water and mop as directed. Re-mop with the neutral pH soap. Protect carpets and sensitive areas.
- Be sure rugs are clean as dirt can scratch the stone’s finish. Do not put rugs down if backing or floor is damp.
- Atlas Marble and Stone Care recommends Easy Care Cleaner. This is a premium daily cleaner designed for all types of stone surfaces. You can buy it from us online.